Here’s what you need to know for making a dream trip
Without a doubt, Galapagos is a unique destination, full of landscapes and magical places that lead tourists to live experiences and moments that will remain in their minds and hearts.
So if you are thinking of taking a tour of the enchanted islands and making the trip of your dreams, continue reading this post and discover what an 8 day galapagos tour has to offer.
The islands are a destination for anyone looking for a Galapagos adventure or Galapagos multisport, nature lover, flora and fauna that compose it. The activities that can be done are varied, from walks guided by the natives of the place, to learn about the history and origin of the islands, cycling through exclusive and ecological trails to appreciate the magnificent scenery, kayaking with sea turtles, marine iguanas, sharks and sea lions, snorkeling in the company of the most peculiar and interesting marine life and for a relaxing time.
Enjoying a Galapagos Adventure, means appreciating the wildlife, enjoying the natural jewels and the most emblematic places, being a magnificent combination of nature and life perfect to create an unforgettable experience for the tourist.
Another way to enjoy a magical experience are the Galapagos cruises, that will take you to live the best vacations, with your family, partner or friends; on board of a spectacular cruise, that offers the best atmosphere, adequate facilities, adventures and activities guided by a professional, aquatic and land activities and of course a quality service.
And if your trip was planned at the last minute, don’t worry, your best option is to choose last minute cruises, at the best possible price and adequate to your budget. So you don’t miss the great experience of living Galapagos adventure.
So get ready to fall in love with Galapagos and all its charms, its landscapes, its people and all the magic it offers to those who visit the islands.
Useful Galapagos travel tips
Good planning is the key to a good trip, each destination to visit requires to know relevant aspects to avoid any difficulty, it is important to know about the culture, language, currency, the use of transportation and general aspects, since traveling involves sharing and learning about the destination, and what better way to arrive at the destination with previous knowledge and be prepared.
The Galapagos Islands are a unique destination to visit and proper planning will make your experience much more rewarding. So here are some Galapagos travel tips.
1. Research on prices, transportation, security.- It is essential to know about the standard of prices that is handled in the destination to avoid any kind of inconvenience, it is also important to know about transportation, since being a visitor destination uses a lot of transport, finally research on safety in the destination is key to be cautious in tourist places. For example Galapagos is a safe destination for tourists as well as the people are warm and friendly when it comes to help.
2. Learn common phrases of the destination.- Greeting, farewell, request, are some phrases that can be learned to become more familiar with the environment of the destination.
3. Check out current Ecuadorian travel information from the U.S. Department of State.- This can be very useful and is a way to be safer in an international destination, in case of a certain situation.
4. Know about telephone plans.- This is of high importance, since being in another country, you need mobile chips to be able to have communication and internet access.
5. Always have a travel itinerary at hand.- As a tourist it is important to know the planning of the places you are going to visit per day, to have a schedule, so as not to miss any activity and to make the most of it.
Galapagos Luxury hotels
What makes the Galapagos Islands a potential destination, since all that natural beauty, are its luxury hotels, which provide unequaled attention to the visitor, thanks to its infrastructure, the environment, the amenities, the services offered and the quality of employees working within the establishments, honoring the luxury hotels.
Galapagos has a wide range of luxury hotels, which are concentrated in the islands of San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Isabela. Here you can find several options of luxury hotels at the disposal and taste of each visitor
Undoubtedly, the gastronomy of a place is a fundamental aspect to make the stay of visitors an unequaled experience, since we all love a good meal. And of course the food in Galapagos is not far behind, dishes such as seafood rice, canchalagua ceviche, lobsters, cassava bread, seafood soup, are some of the exquisite dishes that visitors can taste and let themselves be carried away by the flavors of the sea, which will make them fall in love.
Week Galapagos itinerary
If you want to live a unique experience, enjoy an 8 day Galapagos tour, and fall in love with the Island and its charm
- Day 1: Arrival to Galapagos- San Cristobal
Some of the activities will include a visit to Puerto Chino, La Galapaguera, El Cerro Colorado and El Junco, which are some of the main attractions of the east part of the island.
- Day 2: From San Cristobal to Isabela
To leave San Cristóbal you will have to go by boat to Isabela, a trip of approximately two hours. The activities to do on this day will be to visit the tourist attraction Las Grietas and hike along ecological trails, since this island has a great diversity of flora and fauna.
- Day 3: Tour in Isabela
On this day you will visit Isabela Island and all its charms, some of the places to visit are: Sucre’s Cave, El Mango viewpoint, the flamingo pools, the Arnaldo Tupiza Tortoise Breeding Center and Iguana Crossing, a boardwalk where marine iguanas cross the road to the rocks to sunbathe after feeding in the water.
- Day 4: Snorkeling
This day, the visit will be to Los Tuneles for a snorkeling tour, after that we will take a tour to Las Tintoreras attraction to observe sharks and Concha Perla tour for a wildlife sighting of the Galapagos. There will also be a tour to visit attractions such as Wall of Tears, la playa del amor, the tunnel of estero, the pools of devil and Orchilla hill.
- Day 5: Return to San Cristobal
Once on the island the attractions to visit are Fausto Llerena Breeding Center, Los Gemelos, which are a pair of craters formed by the collapse of magma chambers and the amazing lava tunnels.
- Day 6: Snorkeling in San Cristobal
We will take a walk through Tijeretas Hill, where we will visit the interpretation center, Playa Mann, Playa Punta Carola, and snorkel in the bay of Tijeretas Hill. Afterwards, we will take a tour of La Lobería to observe sea lions and iguanas in their maximum splendor.
- Day 7: Scuba Diving
On this day we will do Scuba Diving in León Dormido, a giant rock formation that rises abruptly from the ocean. This activity will allow you to observe the wonderful marine life of the area.
- Day 8: Return
This day to relax along the boardwalk and visit the gift stores to buy nice souvenirs, then the tourists will be taken to San Cristobal Airport to fly to Guayaquil, or Quito.
Galapagos Travel Restrictions
Although in Ecuador, Covid-19 restrictions are less, here are some recommendations for your visit to the Enchanted Islands.
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with QR code or a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing the traveler received a complete series of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to entering Galapagos.
- Additionally, all travelers must present the transit control card issued by the Galapagos Government Council.
With all the information in your hands, don’t wait any longer to enjoy 8 days galapagos tour and live a Galapagos adventure.